Yesterday the First Minister set out another ambitious Programme for Government for the parliamentary year ahead. Lots of welcome announcements including:
- 430 new school, college and university counsellors to help prevent mental ill-health amongst children and young people.
- Best Start Grant payments to low income families will begin by Christmas – six months ahead of schedule
- Pay deal for NHS Agenda for Change staff that will deliver a minimum pay rise of 9 per cent over three years for those earning up to £80,000
- Implementing the recommendations of the homelessness expert group, as we work towards ending rough sleeping for good.
- A new £20 million ‘Trading Nation’ export plan to help businesses looking to export.
- Further action to electrify Scotland’s roads through 1500 new charge points, 20 new ‘electric towns’,£20 million to help people and businesses switch to electric vehicles, and 500 new low emission vehicles for the public sector, and over 100 new green buses.
Read more on the following link: https://www.snp.org/scottish_programme_for_government_2018?mc_cid=2a432ffa66&mc_eid=679f5f59e6